OneView Commerce is a pioneer in digital transformation, helping global retailers execute on their commerce strategies and delight their customers in-store. We are seeking an experienced and motivated Full Stack Developer to participate in software development as a member of a Scrum team in our Boston Office.
Our cloud-native, serverless Digital Store Platform combines point of sale, real-time inventory management, and enterprise promotions to deliver comprehensive store technology that drives increased footfalls, expands basket size and improves margins while providing an exceptional customer experience.
The OneView enterprise platform is capable of serving 20 to 5000 store estates. We work with both large innovative leaders and disruptive entrepreneurial retailers from around the world to rethink retail in this digital revolution. OneView empowers creativity and control of the user experience that is unmatched in the industry today. OneView significantly reduces regret spend and dramatically increases the speed to market while eliminating the dependency on the software vendor for control and innovation.
We are committed to the principles and best practices of agile development that is driven by Scrum Methodology, Scrum to us is not just a methodology, it is a way of life. Scrum is used by all teams at OneView to add focus, clarity and transparency to everything we do.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is committed to achieving objectives, is results driven and adept at resolving competing priorities. This is not a remote position.
- Create and implement software design specifications.
- Perform code analysis, requirements analysis, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation.
- Write readable, extensible, testable code, while being mindful of performance requirements.
- Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code with a goal of delivering defect-free code.
- Translate mockups and wireframes into functioning front-end code.
- Write and maintain documentation for new and existing features.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices and new technologies.
- Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review.
- Work with Product Owners/Scrum Masters to analyze and deliver requirements.
- Collaborate on technical architecture and design.
- Designs and develop applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, MS preferred.
- 5+ years experience in architecting, designing, and building large scale distributed, service-oriented systems and web applications in an agile environment.
- At least 3 years of SQL and NoSQL database design and development experience (preferably Postgres and CouchDB).
- At least 3 years of commercial REST API development using Node.js and Express framework
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience with modern software development infrastructure including git source control and CI/CD
- Strong experience with AWS services including Lambda, API Gateway, RDS and others
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivered products.
- Experience with other cloud computing/cloud services platforms such as Google Cloud or MS Azure are highly desirable
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, ability to write efficient and maintainable code.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial company environment.
- Ability to work and communicate with both internal and vendor scrum teams.
At OneView Commerce, we are focused on building and developing a strong team that does great work and has fun doing it! We work globally as a leading supplier of point of sale and store systems for leading omnichannel thought leaders. Our management team of industry veterans have experience in all aspects of software development, delivery, sales and marketing. OneView is based in Boston’s Seaport Innovation District.