We are seeking an experienced User Experience (UX/Visual) Designer with a proven record of delivering solutions that will address our customers’ most challenging business problems and opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and Engineering using scrum methodology. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with innovative leaders and entrepreneurial retailers.
● Maintain UX design system (style guide, UI toolkit) and to define and document UX best practices and standards.
● Develop interactive designs and styling for the OneView Commerce applications .
● Develop and maintain detailed project UX/UI specifications.
● Create prototype ranging from conceptual diagrams/sketches, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes.
● Present design alternatives to stakeholders, including developer scrum teams for feedback/improvements.
● Develop early-stage prototypes in order to validate potential design solutions with both internal and external stakeholders, ensure UX quality standards are met.
● Articulate design rationale and facilitate productive discussions.
● Work with Product Management and the scrum teams and to prioritize and integrate your design recommendations into development sprints, and advocate for those designs throughout the development process.
● Participate in usability testing efforts to validate designs and incorporate improvements.
● Assist developer teams with making design decisions that confirm with best practices for user experience.
● Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Interface, Information or Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design, or other relevant fields.
● 3 to 5 years of experience solving complex user problems and in working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or constitute a complex solution.
● Understanding of Design principles and their application
● A robust design process and experience with prototyping software with tools like XD or using Story-book with React.
● Experience creating clickable prototypes .
● Excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
● An outstanding portfolio of design work.
● Demonstrated understanding of how business value can be derived from innovative and usable design.
● Experience in UX research, information architecture, data visualization, and production-ready UI design.
● Familiar with Material design principles.
At OneView Commerce, we are focused on building and developing a strong team that does great work and has fun doing it! We work globally as a leading supplier of point of sale and store systems for leading omnichannel thought leaders. Our management team of industry veterans have experience in all aspects of software development, delivery, sales and marketing. OneView is based in Boston’s Seaport Innovation District.