Joe Skorupa, Editor-in-Chief RIS News
Linda Palanza, COO OneView Commerce
Markus Hoischen, Associate Partner @ d-Group (Cross Channel Lead @ E-Plus Gruppe)
POS solutions fueled by a mobile imperative are redefining store systems by providing multi-purpose tools aimed at engaging customers at every step of the shopping journey. Beyond simply enabling transactions, a modern POS drives revenue by allowing retailers to define their cross channel customer experience. POS must now combine standard functions, such as sales transactions, with the ability to buy anywhere, return anywhere, book and manage appointments, enable shared baskets between web and store, and deliver an immediate and continuous view of the customer journey to associates.
To achieve these goals retailers need to integrate back-end systems that range from order management, inventory management, third-party suppliers, customer profiles, and disparate inventory databases. With so many moving parts, it is easy to see that the success of the transformation will only be as strong as the weakest link.
In this web session we will focus on how and why next generation POS, based on the digital commerce platform, is emerging as the clear leader in enabling retailer's omnichannel journey. Topics include:
- Leveraging the transaction power, digital content, personalization and integration to back end systems via the digital commerce platform in-store
- Managing buy anywhere, return anywhere, order at POS, appointments and shared baskets
- Infusing stores with powerful omnichannel functions without an immediate rip and replace
- Developing a clear vision of specific omnichannel goals and taking concrete steps to achieve them
- Adding mobility to free associates from fixed stations and empower them to drive sales and conversions throughout the store
The power of a fully developed omnichannel strategy appears when retailers shift from just click and collect to a click, engage and convert strategy within the modern POS, this is achieved by evolving into a multi-purpose engagement tool that adds shopper convenience, drives sales and delivers positive shopper experiences that become the basis for return visits and loyalty.